On 2018-02-09, rhkra...@gmail.com <rhkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 09, 2018 02:15:51 PM Curt wrote:
>> On 2018-02-09, rhkra...@gmail.com <rhkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Friday, February 09, 2018 08:58:24 AM Curt wrote:
>
><I  messed up the quoting, trying to give Curt the credit for the original
> poem>
>
>> > There once was a hacker from Bali
>> > Who did her forensics on Kali
>> > One day to be rude
>> > She posed in the nude
>> > Got fingered by Tom, Dick, and Sally.
>>
>> Right. I miscounted the last line (a syllable too many).
>>
>> I was going for 9-9-6-6-9 (which I thought was the traditional
>> thingamajig).
>>
>> Of course with "posed" instead of "modeled" you're losing word play
>> (digital forensic models as well as...you get it, I'm sure).
>
> Well, I missed that originally.
>
> Modeled is almost 3 syllables, but I want to count posed as 1 syllable (so I
> am inconsistent).  ;-)
>
> If it should be 9-9-6-6-9 I guess it needs more tweaking.  It works for me as
> is ;-)

The only one I have committed to memory is (it isn't 9-9-6-6-9)

There once was a lady from Exeter
And all the young men threw their sex at her
One day to be rude
She posed in the nude
And her parrot, a pervert, took pecks at her.

New version:

A once sober lady from Bali
Who hacked her forensics on Kali
Was surprisingly smitten
By some bug she was bitten
Hit the bottle like old Malcolm Lowry

--
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut