mick writes:
> Barbary pirates, Ottoman Empire enslaved over 2 million Europeans but
> you don't see their descendants so much because they were
> castrated. It really is not white man bad black man good.

During the same period European serfs were really slaves.  During Roman
and earlier times slavery was a commonplace social institution and the
slaves were other Europeans who had been capture in wars.  Athenian
democracy was supported by slaves working the Athenian silver mines.
Slavery was a universal part of human society throughout almost all of
recorded history and probably for tens of thousands of years before
then.  I doubt that there is a human alive who does not have slave
ancestors.
--
John Hasler
jhas...@newsguy.com