On 02/25/2021 06:50 AM, IL Ka wrote:

    I would like to pipe search results to a text processor.

Do you want rendered results or plain HTML ?
In latter case you need ``wget``

I wish to be free of all HTML artifacts.
If dealing with only a single page Cntrl-A Cntrl-C and pasting into Pluma gives desired format.

    Synaptic led me to "surfraw" and "w3m".

There is also a browser named "lynx".
Not sure which one suits your needs best.
Try them all!

Can someone recommend a newbie friendly intro to any of them.
Man pages can be less than "useful: to 1st time user.

     > richard@defaultinstall:~$ $ w3m -M http://w3m.sourceforge.net
     > bash: $: command not found

"$" is part of your prompt, do not type it

Blaming that one on caffeine free diet ;/
Thank you.