On 2021-02-25 at 10:30, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 02/25/2021 09:06 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> On 2021-02-25 at 10:02, Michael Howard wrote:

>>> Err, where do think SeaMonkey evolved from?
>>
>> As far as I'm aware, it's a lineal descendant of the Mozilla Suite,
>> just as Firefox and Thunderbird are - although, again AFAIK, only
>> Firefox is still an official Mozilla product.
>
> I date from era of Netscape Navigator.

As do I; my first use of it was no later than the days when my family
was getting its Internet connection through dial-up with AOL 4.0. (And
maybe as early as 3.0.)

I eventually decided that I do prefer having the mail client (etc.)
split out from the Web browser, as happened when the Mozilla Suite split
into Firefox and Thunderbird, if only so that when one hangs the other
doesn't. Other than that, though...

> SeaMonkey is true to its roots.
> I *did* hint at a slight bias (didn't I :}

That unified-suite factor, and a few UI considerations which applied
last time I looked (though it's been some years), are why I don't go
with Seamonkey myself. I certainly understand why others would, though.

--
   The Wanderer