Hi,

On 2021-05-26 3:12 p.m., Pascal Obry wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 mai 2021 à 21:12 +0300, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
>> What is the state of photo editing software available on Linux?
>>
>> My (admittedly dated) information is that while GIMP is "ok-ish", one
>> still needs Adobe Photoshop (and/or Lightroom?) for anything
>> "serious"
>> (whatever that means).
>
> Certainly not! Have you really missed darktable project since 10 years.
> Since 1 or 2 years I would certainly call the project "serious" and
> many professionals are using it daily. I'm using it since many years
> and do prepare exhibitions only using darktable.

Thanks for this fast and nice answer.

Yes he possibly missed much or just talk without knowing (or searching).

I use Entangle ( a bit less), Darktable (a bit everyday) and GIMP (all
the time), plus Hugin and some scripts... Plus many utilities.

Yes Linux is serious for photography and a proof of that is the number
of software that got ported from Linux (Unix) to Windows/MacOS.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside