On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 05:44:50PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 22 iun 21, 15:30:35, Christian wrote:
> >
> > /comm -23 <(apt-mark showmanual | sort -u) <(gzip -dc
> > /var/log/installer/initial-status.gz | sed -n 's/^Package: //p' | sort -u)/
>
> It's unclear what exactly '/comm -23' is supposed to be and it seems
> your mail program messed with line breaks.
>
> Also, guessing from the command, this is supposed to be run under fish
> (the shell). The default shell in Debian is bash, which needs slightly
> different syntax for what you want to do.

It looks like a bash command, if you make the following changes:

1) Join the two lines into one.
2) Remove leading / and trailing / characters.

Also, I don't have a /var/log/installer/initial-status.gz file, but I
do have a /var/log/installer/status file, which looks like it contains
what the command is expecting (minus the compression).  So, one might
need to adjust the second process substitution.