On mar, ago 10, 2021 at 02:59:37 -0400, rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 02:06:46 PM Leandro Noferini wrote:
> > Ok, but I need to divide some directories to avoid the fullfilling of the
> > disk.
> >
> > Do you have only one filesystem in your disk?
>
> Is your issue / question how to put multiple partitions on the disk?  Or how
> to allow future rearrangement of partitions as user's needs change.

Quite the second: I would like to know if there is a good solution to use a
complete disk with different partitions to use with different file systems for
different uses, knowing that I could have to change the dimensions of these
partitions in the time.

> In general, the answer might be LVM (which I don't use so won't attempt to
> explain how) or maybe simply how to put multiple partitions on a disk?

Yes I know (a little) lvm but I would like to know if there are different/better
solutions.

> If you answer those questions, I'm sure somebody will be able to give you
> good
> advice.
>
> (Aside: You can put multiple partitions on a disk, and they don't all have to
> be part of the standard Linux filesystem hierarchy (e.g., part of /home) --
> for
> what I consider good reasons, I have multiple top level directories /
> partitions / mount points (can all be explained) with names like /<user1>,
> /<user2>, ... (vs. /home/<user1>, /home/<user2> ...)

I need the standard file system hierarchy.

--
Ciao
leandro