On 2022-11-20, Schwibinger Michael <h...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> To avoid problems by surfing
> I tried
> nice.
> No good enough.
>
> I did try
>
> nice -n 19 chromium-browser
>  cpulimit -e chrome -l 30
>
> But this also did not work,
> cause URLS do open other URLs.
>
> I found this.
>
> 2 Questions:
>
> What does it do?
>
> Why does it not work.
>

> # Find and limit all child processes of all browsers.
> for name in firefox firefox-esr chromium chrome
> do
>     for ppid in $(pgrep "$name")
>     do
>         cpulimit --pid="$ppid" --limit"$LIMIT" &
>         for pid in "$ppid" $(pgrep --parent "$ppid")
>         do
>             cpulimit --pid="$pid" --limit"$LIMIT" &
>         done
>     done
> done
>
> Regards Sophie

I suppose it does what it says in the comment at the front, and fails to
work because you need to define $LIMIT beforehand.

  -l, --limit=N
         percentage  of  CPU allowed from 1 up. Usually 1 - 100,
         but can be higher on multi-core CPUs. (mandatory)

  # cpulimit -l 20 firefox
         Launch Firefox web browser and limit its CPU usage to
         20%