On 25/02/2023 04:43, Geert Stappers wrote:
Having `apt purge avahi-autoipd` still gets me "auto IPv4 address"

Ideas how to avoid it are  welcome.

Have you checked "journalctl --boot" for logs which component assigns 169.254.x.y address and for various errors related to network?

I am not familiar with openvswitch (or another package that really created ovs-system and ovsbr0), so I have no idea how they may be configured (systemd-networkd, NetworkManager, netplan, ifupdown) in your case and how to configure them properly. Perhaps it better to ask their community how to avoid failure of systemd-networkd-wait-online and assigning of IPv4LL address.

I have realized that your problem may be more general than just ovs-system, I do not like the following log line and which file is not found is not clear for me:
feb 19 18:46:18 trancilo systemd-networkd-wait-online[601]: wlan0: Failed to
update link state, ignoring: No such file or directory