On 5/26/23 16:08, Christian wrote:

Good and bad things:
I started to test different setups (always with full 12 core stress
test). Boot from USB liveCD (only stress and s-tui installed):

- All disks disconnected, other than M2. Standard BIOS
- All disks disconnected, other than M2. Proper Memory profile for
timing
- All disks disconnected, other than M2. Memory profile, undervolted
and overclocked with limited burst to 4ghz
- All disks connected. Memory profile, undervolted and overclocked with
limited burst to 4ghz

All settings so far are stable. :-/
Will see tomorrow any differences in non-free firmware and kernel
modules and test again.

Very strange...

If everything is stable, including undervoltage and overclocking, I would consider that good. I think your hardware is good.

When you say "USB liveCD", is that a USB optical drive with a live CD, a USB flash drive with a bootable OS on it, or something else? If it is something that can change, I suggest taking a image of the raw blocks with dd(1) so that you can easily get back to this point as you continue testing.

AIUI Debian can include microcode patches (depending upon processor). If you are using such, I suggest adding that to your test agenda first.

Firmware and kernel modules seem like the right next steps.

David