On 5/28/23 03:09, Christian wrote:
Von: David Christensen <dpchr...@holgerdanske.com>
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: Weird behaviour on System under high load
Datum: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:30:05 -0700

On 5/27/23 15:28, Christian wrote:

New day, new tests. Got a crash again, however with the message
"AHCI
controller unavailable".
Figured that is the SATA drives not being plugged in the right
order.
Corrected that and a 3:30h stress test went so far without any
issues
besides this old bug

Seems that I am just jumping from one error to the next...

3 hours and 30 minutes?  Yikes!  Please stop before you fry your
computer.  10 seconds should be enough to see a problem; 1 minute is
more than enough.

Sadly not always. My crashes before would occur between a few minutes
and 1 hour load. Now I hope everything is stable. Crashes are gone,
only the network error seems to be unresolved (even though there is
some workaround).

Repeatable crashes from a reported issue indicate your hardware is okay.

With the undervolting / overclocking on 12 core stress test, the system
stays below 65°C (on Smbusmaster0) so should be no risk of damage.

It is your computer and your decision.

At this point, I would start adding the software stack, one piece at a time, testing between each piece. The challenge is devising or finding tests. Spot testing by hand can reveal bugs, but that gets tiresome. The best approach is an automated/ scripted test suite. If you are using Debian packages, you might want to look for test suites in the corresponding source packages. And/or, you can use building from source as a stress test. Compiling the Linux kernel should provide your processor, memory, and storage with a good workout.

Thanks for the help!

YW.  :-)

David