On 6/20/23 16:40, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:57:30AM -0400, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:
On 6/20/23 10:51, gene heskett wrote:
Easy:
gene@coyote:~/Pictures$ sudo synaptic
[sudo] password for gene:
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyUnable to init server: Could not connect:
Connection refused
Failed to initialize GTK.
[...]

So perhaps copy that cookie into /root/?:

Please do not encourage Gene's fetish of running GUI apps as root.
Plenty of people have been wasting their time trying to tell him not
to do that for years now, and the last thing they need is bystanders
handing him a different bore of firearm to aim at his foot.

Cheers,
Andy

Andy, if you aren't behind dd-wrt for your home network, don't pretend to tell me what I can't do, because I am behind dd-wrt and totally responsible for what I do on this side of it. Don't impress on me, your paranoid ideas about how I should run MY computers

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis