On 6/20/23 21:25, pa...@quillandmouse.com wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 17:56:36 -0400
gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

Like firefox, its big and complex, but unlike
gedit has never trashed a file for me, gedit has ruined so many I
finally banned it from my machines, all of them.

Vim for the win! (kidding)

Everybody has their fav poison, I used vi and vim in the late 90's, but never got comfortable with its save and exit syntax.. Geany's ctl-s and ctl-q beats vim like a white mouthed mule. gedit OTOH, has caused me several days work attempting to recover from its file scrambling penchant. geany has never made a mistake my fingers didn't make.
Thanks Paul.
Paul

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)