On 15/11/2023 05:01, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 10:21:13PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
    # $ wget -qO-
'https://qa.debian.org/madison.php?package=emacs&text=on&s=oldstable,stable,testing,unstable,experimental&a=source,all,x86_64'

The same request without s=... returns versions for all dists and it is valid way to call get_newqueue_available. I agree that oldstable-backports is confusing, but perhaps it is better to leave decision to common sense of users. Too strict filtering might have negative effect in corner cases.

Yes, because the plan is to upgrade the machine to unstable.
But I'm trying to solve the touchpad issue first.

I mostly use mouse, but I have realized that what you described may be similar to what I have seen as well. It might be intended behavior:

https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/clickpad-softbuttons.html#id5
Left: moving a finger into the right button area does not trigger a
right-button click.

After moving cursor, position of finger is likely determined by desired cursor position that may be inside the area of an arbitrary clickbutton. On the other hand it is too aggressive protection against clicking a wrong button.

Tap-to-click with one, two, or three fingers has no such issue.

Have you tried tools specific to libinput instead of xinput?

Perhaps the that thread on touchpad would be more appropriate for this part.