On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:31:52 +0500
"Alexander V. Makartsev" <avbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15.11.2023 07:56, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>  [...]
>  [...]
> I wrote that email as a word of caution, because Roberto had
> mentioned he is looking for the device with the same conditions as
> OP, which is "no fans".
> And this model will be very noisy at all times.

How do you figure that it will be noisy at all times? I saw noting in
the specifications or reviews that indicated that.

>  [...]
> And this is why there is no reason to have high power CPU inside.
> I expect the CPU temperature to be at 98 degrees Celsius at all times
> and constant throttling under minimal load.

Yikes! None of my machines gets anywhere near that. The fan cooled CPUs
on my desktop are in the 26-32° range right now (early morning, no
load). The machine I am typing this on, a laptop, is reporting core
temps of 44° and 50° right now. All consider high to be ~~86°, with
critical near 98°. (Data courtesy of the sensors program.)

> What good will it be if with high probability the device will burn
> out in 3 months?

Indeed. I've gotten 16 years out of my FIT-PCs so far and would like to
get a respectable portion of that out of their replacement.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/