Hi folks,

does anyone know, if there is a limit of the size an iso may have?

Background: I have a selfmade lifefile iso image, which was created by
bootcdwrite. The size of the imagefile is about 32GB.

I copied the file using dd to an usb stick, but it does crash at boot.

When the stick is booting, first appear the usual text messages, but then the
screen goes blank and the further boot hangs.

However, when I am booting this file (this iso-image) with Virtualbox,
everything is working well.

As it is a livefile and goes blank, I can not see, why it hangs.

Note: In earlier times I had a smaller image (about 8 GB), which booted
perfectly.

So I believe, the size of the image is, what matters. But maybe I am wrong.

Be happy for all hints.

Best regards

Hans