Hi Hans,

Am 29.01.2024 um 11:30 schrieb Hans:
Hi folks,

I created a livefile system with bootcdwrite from a system with encrypted
partitions.

Everything is working fine, but ...

Checking the manual for bootcdwrite.conf, I find

OPTIONS

SRCDISK
The Variables SRCDISK defines the root of the files that will be copied.

For example, to build an image from a remote system, export root-directory with nfs, mount it locally to /mnt/remote and add:

SRCDISK=/mnt/remote

It is added as prefix to KERNEL, INITRD, DISABLE_CRON and NOT_TO_CD, if this are relativ paths (without starting "/")

Default:

SRCDISK=/

which I understand implies that, by default, bootcdwrite more or less copying the system you run it on. Thus, the expectation that it should keep off of your lawn, erm, partitions seems unrealistic.

On the other hand, you can create a configuration that uses a different source system, or modifies it. In your case, it appears that you want some modifications.

My understanding, however, is that you want modifications going so deep, that it may be more reasonable to *not* start with your regular system. Before we try to identify what you'd have to exclude, can you give us an idea of what your actual goal ist?

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann