On 1/22/24 4:40 PM, Alain D D Williams wrote:
On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 10:29:55AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
lvextend --size +1G --resizefs /dev/mapper/localhost-home

Ie get lvextend to do the maths & work it out for me.

Those who are cleverer than me might be able to tell you how to get it right
first time!

lvreduce --size -50G --resizefs /dev/mapper/localhost-home

Oh, even better. It is a long time since I looked at than man page.

Does this still need to be done with the file system unmounted or can it be
done with an active file system these days ?

As I need to extend & resize more than one LV in the file system (/, /usr, and /var), should they all need to be unmounted before the operation? As I remember, it is ext3 system on that comp.