On 19/06/2024 19:06, Julien Petit wrote:
It doesn't really matter where folders/mounts are. Users can share any
directory (and subdirectories) in their home directory with any other
user. The shared folder is mounted in the special directory "Shared
with me" of the recipient home directory. I.e: John/Sales/Invoices is
mounted in Alice/Shared with me/Invoices.

Can be done with symlinks.

I imagine there's some process that creates these bind mounts, so the process could create symlinks.

Symlinks are no good since the user sharing his directory can decide
to share it read/write to one user but read only to another

This can be solved with ACLs. Instead of creating a bind mount, this process that allows the user to share the directory can set an ACL and create a symlink.

PS: It would be better if you used a mailer that correctly sets mail headers References and/or In-Reply-To so that your replies are properly threaded.

--
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what value there may
be in owning a piece thereof.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br