PS: if you maintain your own software and aren't able to find a way for
your user to do shares - especially while systems that most likely have
such functionality built-in out of the box surely exist, think Nextcloud
etc - that is covered by how Linux is supposed to be used, by definition
it's pretty much out of support. Especially if you keep insisting on using
a way that was never officially supported, just because you got away with
it for 15 years.