Not to recover, but to perhaps prevent, via kernel cmdline, one can direct the
kernel which framebuffer mode to force-enable with video=, e.g.:

        video=2560x1440@60e

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata

I think kernel thinks that no monitor is attached or KB is present. I want to remote login and tell it to look again and find them. It appears like there is no magic incantation exists for that. I was hoping a write to /sys or /proc file will do the trick, but no such thing seem to exists.

Regards
Ramesh