Ram Ramesh composed on 2024-06-20 22:58 (UTC-0400):

>> Did you try 'e' as I suggested, or read that page? From there:

>> [quote]
>> 'e' will force the display to be enabled, i.e. it will override the detection
>> if a display is connected.
>> [/quote]

> Ok, I will try it, but that is a reboot. I guess if I booted with that
> switch, it will always be on and I would not reach a point of blank
> screen. Make sense.

> I just do not like forcing resolution, but better than broken display.

The foibles of life complicated by a KVM switch. :p I hope it does what it
claims.

If not, I suppose you could connect both Debian PC and laptop to display at the
same time, and use the display's input switch instead of the KVM for video out.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata