On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 03:36:17PM +0200, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 01:06:56PM +0000, Ceppo wrote:
> > I wrote a report with LaTeX, and afterwards discovered it must be
> > PDF/A-compliant - which wasn't. I found the pdfx LaTeX package and followed
> > its
> > instructions, thus obtaining a file that should be PDF/A and pdfinfo
> > identifies
> > as such, but my employer's upload form thinks isn't [...]
>
> Uh-oh. We set the standards, but won't tell you what they are.

But they did! They say PDF/A. But you have a point that this maybe is
not enough. Which version of PDF/A are we talking about?

In general the policy is most likely a good one, because PDF/A gives you
certain guarantees (e.g. That the document renders consistently to the
same printed output, even years after archiving).

> > Thanks for any help.
>
> Not concrete help, but the Wikipedia [1] makes for an interesting
> read (including refs to bunches of test suites you can throw at your
> publisher's site to find out where their validator is failing).
>
> And there seems to be a kind of semi-official validaror, according
> to the above ref.

I never tried to generate PDF/A from LaTeX but I am sure it is possible.
By default it would not include any javascript and IIRC it embeds the
font.

Henning Follmann           | hfollm...@itcfollmann.com