On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 03:36:17PM GMT, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 01:06:56PM +0000, Ceppo wrote:
> > I wrote a report with LaTeX, and afterwards discovered it must be
> > PDF/A-compliant - which wasn't. I found the pdfx LaTeX package and followed
> > its instructions, thus obtaining a file that should be PDF/A and pdfinfo
> > identifies as such, but my employer's upload form thinks isn't [...]
>
> Uh-oh. We set the standards, but won't tell you what they are.

Well, in fact they did tell - they just did *after* I produced my report. But
yes, the workflow is very broken...

> Not concrete help, but the Wikipedia [1] makes for an interesting
> read (including refs to bunches of test suites you can throw at your
> publisher's site to find out where their validator is failing).

I read about Isartor Test Suite, but [1] says it checks if the validator
accepts non-compliant files, not if it rejects compliant files.

> And there seems to be a kind of semi-official validaror, according
> to the above ref.

I guess you mean veraPDF?

[1]: https://pdfa.org/resource/isartor-test-suite/

--