On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 01:06:56PM +0000, Ceppo wrote:
> I wrote a report with LaTeX, and afterwards discovered it must be
> PDF/A-compliant - which wasn't. I found the pdfx LaTeX package and followed
> its
> instructions, thus obtaining a file that should be PDF/A and pdfinfo
> identifies
> as such, but my employer's upload form thinks isn't. Is pdfinfo reliable
> enough
> that I can tell my employer his form is broken? If not, how can I make sure
> that pdflatex's output is actually PDF/A-compliant?
>
> I will also probably have to upload under the same requirement some
> third-party
> PDF, which is not PDF/A, without access to an editable version. Is there a way
> to convert them to PDF/A? I know that converting from an editable version
> would
> be the correct way for this, but I have no real way to get it.
>
> A requirement of any solution is that it doesn't rely on non-DFSG-compliant
> software, including online conversion tools.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I did research a bit. It is possible to create a PDF/A compliant
document from LaTeX. It looks like you have to do some work though.

Please looks at this thread at StackExchange. I found that to be very
helpful.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/130201/pdf-a-with-hyperref-on-tex-live-2013/136653#136653

Please let me know how it works out for you.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollm...@itcfollmann.com