Le 04/07/2024 à 15:07, Nicolas George a écrit :

Unfortunately, no luck.
[...]
What I need is something that explains how to use Nix on Debian when all
you have are documentations about Nix not on Debian.

I tried the Debian way (installing nix-setup-systemd, which install nix-bin) without success. I then tried the method quoted in this webpage:
https://ariya.io/2020/05/nix-package-manager-on-ubuntu-or-debian
also without success but I indicate it because perhaps it will give you more hints about what to do

As an answer to your other question (is there another package system
managing dependencies available on Debian?), I have never used NetBSD
pkgsrc/pkg on Linux but it has long been possible.

Oh, sorry, I should have been more specific: I would like binary
packages.

Thanks for the pointers, even if they do not help.

While Pkgsrc has long been source only, nowadays it is a whole packaging system, both source and binary since the introduction of Pkgin. This webpage seems to confirm what I was suspecting: Pkgsrc would be able manage binary packages on linux:
https://opensource.com/article/19/11/pkgsrc-netbsd-linux
(but I was too lazy to verify by installing and trying  myself)