On 05/07/24 at 04:06, David Christensen wrote:
The VM currently has a DHCP address.  I would like to set a static IPv4 address.  The Debian wiki tells me to edit /etc/network/interfaces and provides some example settings that I believe I can adapt to my use-case:

What is the correct method to "disable all DHCP services"?

You can also keep your virtual machine configured to request an IP address from your DHCP server and configure the server to send the IP address that you wish.

All you need to know it's the NIC's MAC address of your virtual machine, then edit "/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf" and add a stanza like the following:

host unifi {
  hardware ethernet 11:22:33:44:55:66;
  fixed-address 192.0.2.7;
}