On 6/7/24 09:16, David Christensen wrote:
I can find no statement in The Debian Administrator's Handbook regarding disabling DHCP when using a static IP:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/sect.network-config.en.html#sect.interface-ethernet

As I said in my earlier post, it's not necessary to disable dhcpd and in fact it is likely undesirable.

In many lan networks there will some machines that get an address from a dhcp server and some that have static IP - such as a server or a router.

In some cases machines will have static IP in addition to a dhcp provided one.

Your best bet is, if it is working just fine, do nothing.

Though as a pointed out before, your machine very likely will have NetworkManager running and it's probably a good idea to disable it.