gene heskett composed on 2024-08-27 10:14 (UTC-0400):

> tomas@ wrote:

>> Assuming, again, you are under X11, there is "xset s off", which would
>> disable the screensaver *and* the DPMS blanking. See the xset man page
>> for all the gory details. This [1] is a good overview for all the
>> other things you might want to try.

> That apparently turned it off for this boot.  Where do I do it in the
> boot so It is always turned off?

Create a new file whose name begins with two digits in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/. Put
it in your new file. The digits you choose determine in what order among the
other
files there it will be applied. I would try 45, but it may not even matter.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata