On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 01:56:43PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> gene heskett composed on 2024-08-27 10:14 (UTC-0400):
>
> > tomas@ wrote:
>
> >> Assuming, again, you are under X11, there is "xset s off", which would
> >> disable the screensaver *and* the DPMS blanking. See the xset man page
> >> for all the gory details. This [1] is a good overview for all the
> >> other things you might want to try.
>
> > That apparently turned it off for this boot.  Where do I do it in the
> > boot so It is always turned off?
>
> Create a new file whose name begins with two digits in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/.
> Put
> it in your new file. The digits you choose determine in what order among the
> other
> files there it will be applied. I would try 45, but it may not even matter.

Thanks.

As a little reminder: those are shell script *snippets*. They are sourced by
the X session, i.e. the shell script which ultimately starts X.

This way you can e.g. export environment which is "seen" by all of your X
descendants (e.g. that shell started in your X terminal).

Don't do nasties in there: don't exit, don't block, don't exec. That will
prevent your X from starting.

Cheers