On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 07:55:06AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 11:46:29 +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:00:41AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> > >     chris$ echo 'str string "quoted string" string' | xte
> > >     chris$ string @quoted string@ string
> > 
> > Hm. No experience with xte; a tiny bit with xdotool. I'm not seeing
> > this:
> > 
> >   tomas@caliban:~$ xdotool type 'foo"bar'
> >   foo"bartomas@caliban:~$ foo"bar
> 
> Same for me.
> 
> hobbit:~$ xdotool type 'foo"bar"'; sleep 1
> foo"bar"hobbit:~$ foo"bar"
> 
> hobbit:~$ xdotool type 'foo@bar@'; sleep 1
> foo@bar@hobbit:~$ foo@bar@
> 
> The original post looks like a key mapping issue to me, but I don't
> have the experience needed to diagnose it more fully.  My next step,
> if I were the OP, would be to check what xev thinks the " and @
> keys are sending.  For @, I get (abridged version of the xev output):

[...]

Good idea.

Cheers
-- 
t

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to