>okay - but it is the 24.29.99.40 I am trying to whitelist...spamcop is
>marking it, but I don't want it to get tagged I put the WHITELIST IP
>24.29.99.40 in global.cfg but it still tags it -

That's because the "WHITELIST IP" only works with the IP address of the
remote mailserver (the one connecting to yours), not other mailservers that
may have handled the E-mail.

>... or do I whitelist the one above it, so the rest of the chain gets skipped?

That's exactly what I would recommend.

>The one above it (24.93.159.132) would
>handle the majority of the problem, but if I get some legit email that
>touches this gateway ip (24.29.99.40) without hitting 24.93.159.132 I would
>still want the mail...

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to handle that situation (whitelist an IP
other than the one that connects directly to yours).

However, legitimate E-mail leaving 24.29.99.40 should always take the same
path to your server (unless 24.29.99.40 gets changed to use a gateway, or
some other configuration change).

site at http://www.declude.com .