Hi Scott:

>> Am I right you have the HOP value set to 0?  Do you have the HOPHIGH
value set? <<

Here the first few lines of my Global.CFG (Hop=0, Hophigh=undefined):

LOGFILE D:\imail\spool\dec####.log
LOGLEVEL        MID
LOG_OK  NONE

HOP             0
CONSOLE OFF
XINHEADER       X-Declude: Version %VERSION%; %QUEUENAME% from %REVDNS%
[%REMOTEIP%]
XINHEADER       Return-Path: <%MAILFROM%>
XOUTHEADER      X-Note: Report any abuse to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IPBYPASS        63.107.174.32
IPBYPASS        65.86.89.162
XSENDER OFF
XSPOOLNAME      OFF
SWITCHRECIP ON

#
# White Lists
#
WHITELIST       IP      63.107.174.
WHITELIST       IP      65.86.89.162

>> It seems that for some reason 1.55i may not be able to pick up the
correct IP from the headers, or it may be getting corrupted. <<

Well - it seems to get corrupted - because, remember, my XINHEADER always
REPORTS the correct IP Address.  But, when it tries to do the reverse
lookup - it "lost" that knowledge.  Because the Declude log file entry for
REVDNS just displays a "space" where the IP address should be.

I can definitely narrow this down for you, with respect to which application
AND which version broke it:

The RevDNS problem seems to be consistently happening with emails created by
the AOL7 mailer.  Something in their headers tripps up the latest 1.55i
versions.  It apparently was fine with 1.55 (since I never heard of
complaints with the original beta. I have a few people who regularily email
me from AOL several times at night). Emailing worked fine until the Friday
night after I installed the latest 1.55i from Friday lunch time. Then they
started getting my REVDNS alerts for each message they sent.

However the problem is not EXLUSIVE to AOL.  The log shows a high number of
other senders with bogus REVDNS errors - where the IP is blank.  But, there
are also a large number of emails which correctly identify the IP address in
the log (at least apparently so).

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.