Paul,

Monday, January 27, 2003 you wrote:
PF> We need to do a Windows API call to WINSOCK.DLL
PF>  - GetHostByAddr and
PF>  - GetHostByName
PF> Need to do it in an ASP page and in a server side .exe (VB6).

    http://www.nsoftware.com/products/showprod.aspx?part=IPE5-A
    http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspdns
    and of course the "who hasn't gotten mail from"
    http://www.catalyst.com/
    and many more ...

    or you could write a component in Perl to do it

    A couple of warnings though:
    1) it is easier to lookup the IP from whois.arin.net
       or apnic or ripe
       but ARIN, et al is sometimes not very accurate

    2) whereas the domain whois registrars are now legion
       and employ a remarkable number of output differences

    3) most domain whois registrars have limits on lookups
       that apply to both rate and total number

Terry Fritts