-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joey Proulx
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:50 AM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Deleting emails based solely on Sniffer?

Can someone please explain to me why, if an email is flagged as spam by
Sniffer, I shouldn't just delete it outright?  Are there instances where
Sniffer is wrong?  Or is this the way you all use it already?

Reason I ask is that I have Sniffer setup with a weight of 10...and I hold
messages with a weight of 10-14.  This morning I got a Nigerian-type scam
that sniffer flagged, but it only scored a total weight of 5.  I'll have to
check through my global.cfg when I get back from my 9am meeting, but
something added a weight of -5 somewhere, meaning the email got
through.  If I had deleted all Sniffer-found spam outright, this would not
have happened.

Thoughts?

Joey Proulx
SAU #21 Technology Support Staff