Correction David B, Postini offers a great product, it's Declude with the
product that is questionable.

We switched most of our services over to Postini and have been glad to avoid
the bugs, crashes, and huge price hikes of Declude.  In comparison, as our
Postini volume grows, our costs are actually going down.

Managed services is growing, but managed spam blocking and av is actually
stagnent.  Postini and others (choose your favorite leader) already have
most the market.  Just ask most end-users --- it no longer is a question of
"do you have av or spam blocking protection" - most everyone does.  It's a
tougher issue of how well does it work  - "good enough" is unfortunately the
answer from many people and "not good enough but I won't pay a dime more for
something better" is the answer from the rest.

As evidenced by Postini, Microsoft, and other activity, the CAGR growth is
coming from enhanced services such as archiving (SOX compliance),
encryption, collaboration, and other newer value-added email services.

As mentioned by others, av scanning and spam blocking is commoditized.

Sure, that doesn't mean there will not continue to be incremental technology
improvements and some smaller vendors will eek out some growth continuing to
offer slightly better technical solutions, but in the overall market, the
chance for a big win by new players in av/spam blocking services is past.

"game over" guys - time to come up with some new tricks besides trying to
squeeze your best advocates for more money.

F-Prot, Declude, & ???? who next will be hurting and trying to survive by
raising prices?  In a commodity market with many suppliers, that's not a
winning strategy.