> > It does, unless they are sent through web messaging (in which case you can
> > have an on-access scanner set to scan the \IMail\spool directory, but not
> > the subdirectories off of it).
>
>This would require a user to manually send a file with a virus (knowingly or
>unknowingly) correct?  There aren't any known worms that spread using the
>Imail web client's address book, are there??

That's correct.  It should be extremely rare for a virus to be passed
through web messaging.

First, all the incoming mail that a web messaging user receives is scanned
by Declude, so it they likely won't be getting a virus through
E-mail.  It's possible, though, that they could receive a virus from
another mail server or via FTP or from a web site.

If they do manage to get a virus, most recent viruses simply try to spread
immediately via E-mail or HTTP or IRC.  Those viruses won't be able to
spread via web messaging.

The only way a virus can be spread via web messaging is if a user [1] gets
a virus, [2] attaches a file to the E-mail they are sending via web
messaging, and [3] the virus attached itself to that specific file.  If any
of those conditions aren't met, it shouldn't be possible for a virus to
spread via web messaging.