So if a forged user from my domain sends a message to another IMAIL machine
to a user that doesn't exist and then their Imail Machine rejects the
message.  I'm assuming that postmaster gets the entire message (virus
included) based upon the forged domain.

Actually, you should be safe on either side.

If someone sends you an E-mail to a non-existent account, IMail will reject the E-mail, so it won't get delivered on your server (assuming there is no "nobody" alias set up).

If a user from your domain sends a virus to a non-existent account on another IMail server, that IMail server will reject the message, and your IMail server will generate a bounce. But, IMail truncates almost all of the E-mail when it generates a bounce message (I believe it only displays the first 2K, including headers).

So I would get the message, even
though no one on my domain sent it and Declude would stop the virus (that
seems to be what it happening).  And then the user won't get the message
returned, right? But my users are getting occasional "undeliverables" and
I'm assuming that these are generated by other mail servers.

Correct.

If someone sends out a virus with your return address on it, and they send it to a non-IMail server, then the E-mail may get bounced to you. If this happens, you are at the mercy of the mailserver receiving the virus as far as how much truncation is done.

I just want to make sure that my server isn't returning messages to the
forged users that contain the virus.

No, it is not.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.