I would love to find a way to give Scott & Co. the way to automatically
force my installation to upgrade to the next interim release, if important.

That is a good idea. There is a third party program that can automatically upgrade to new betas and released versions, but it doesn't handle interims, nor does it have a way that we can trigger it somehow. We will be looking into the possibility of adding an option for pushing updates to customers.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.