Dan,

You might try COPYFILE which is essentially HOLD, but it adds the Declude headers to the messages.  COPYFILE won't block the E-mail however, so you might want to either ROUTETO null, or HOLD and just delete what is in that folder since you have another copy.  I am unclear about whether or not the COPYFILE action happens before or after virus scanning with AVAFTERJM    ON, so that would need to be verified, but it might be a good workaround if this is a problem.

Matt

Dan Horne wrote:
IIRC, the HOLD action was where the risk came in.  Messages that are
held by Declude using AVAFTERJM and then manually re-queued (via, say,
the old SpamReview app) would NOT be scanned for viruses at all, since
re-queued messages bypass Declude altogether.

HOLD is the only 'semi-final' action.  All other actions either deliver
the email to an mbox (in which case it is scanned by EVA), or remove the
message completely (which is where the saved cycles come in).

IMO, AVAFTERJM should be changed so that only deleted emails, not held
ones, by pass the AV scan.   In other words, all messages should be
first scanned for spam, then the ones that are not DELETED should all be
scanned for viruses.  This would close the security risk from re-queued
messages.  The AVAFTERJM option would then only be useful for those that
use the DELETE action, but with the huge security risk involved in
requeueing unscanned messages I think that it is ALREADY only useful for
those that use the DELETE action.  Unfortunately the manual isn't clear
on this point.

At the very least, Declude should add a warning to the manual around
AVAFTERJM that says that AVAFTERJM and HOLD should not be used in the
same configuration.

--DH