Yes I have that.  I have succeeded in Fields, FieldByName and
FieldDefs properties to recognise the new field.

However, nothing else does, such as the grid....

On 21 Jan 99 at 16:38, John Huttley wrote:

> Fielddefs.Update?
>

> Rohit Gupta wrote:
>
> > How can I create a calculated field at runtime ?  Using FieldDefs.Add
> > puts the field in fieldefs, but no where else.  It is missing from
> > Fields property , the grid cant display it etc..

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]