There is in 6.0 (beta :) ), but not in 5.x (I assume you mean for backup?)

for the index one, I think its an alter table. Bill Karwin's "10 ways to
make IB scream" has the details... if you can find it :)

http://www.interbase.com/downloads/makeibscream.pdf

--
Nic Wise - 021.676.418 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Inprise/Borland New Zealand
Is it not a foolish man, said little Woo, who keeps all his chickens in his