Hi all

Are there people on the list that have experience with database choice for
Java applications? Criteria would be along the following lines:

1. Cross platform (Linux + Win)
2. Able to be "embedded" (silent install as part of app install)
3. Have a royalty-free single user license (ok for server to charge per
user)
4. Have full and latest JDBC driver
5. Object-relational - although a mapping tool/layer could be used.
6. Java-friendly (maybe this is covered by 4 and 5 above?)
7. Work well in web environment
8. Well supported (from customer point of view)
9. Available in release form today (IB 6 is not available in release form
yet)

JDataStore and Oracle are excluded since neither have a royalty-free single
user version. I'm sort of looking for the cross-platform equivalent of the
"SQL Server and MSDE" combo that is also Java-friendly. Also, if one goes
too OO in the database then report writing becomes an issue I would imagine.

Thanks in advance
Xander