You neglected to mention that only the database structure gets backed up,
even if you choose "Metadata only = false".  Then when you restore, you blow
away all your data.  Nice feature, that.

Or at least that's what happens here using IB6.  And this has been the least
of the issues I've found.  Interbase is starting to get right up my nose.
:o[

Cheers,
Carl