> ICQ is great for this :)  What does VSS do for automated commit emails?

I don't know if this is possible - though you can use OLE Automation to do
this (though such a component has to be installed in ALL clients)

> > FreeVCS also works well, except it mandates that all developers need to
use
> > the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE for a project, including the location on
disk -

> Frankly, I should hope you ARE using the same directory structure,

We use the same directory structure relative to the base directory of the
project. But space and NT restrictions in some workstations do not allow us
to maintain the same ABSOLUTE path - i have a project in c:\work\myapp while
my colleague could have it in d:\work\myapp (though after myapp the dir
structure is the same). FreeVCS needs you to have the same physical absolute
path on all workstations, something we cannot have without SUBST.

> Frankly, I'd rather use a bug tracking tool for bugs, and *shock horror* a
> newsserver for newsgroups, or email listservs.

We use local newsgroups on IIS right now, and we've looked at bug tracking
tools and even written our own, but I find that a one-point mode for source
control, communication and reporting works best. And if I could find a time
log maintenance system (for billing),even better.

Deepak Shenoy
Agni Software
http://www.agnisoft.com