I agree with you that is disconcerting, but can't JUnit tests be written that extend DerbyJUnitTest in parallel with getting DerbyJUnitTest cleaned up to everyone's satisfaction?

BTW, if you don't like the rampant catching and ignoring, is anything preventing you from going in and fixing it? :) I suppose we need to hear from Rick about his feelings around this before we go and reverse his changes...

David

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

I would like my concerns to be cleared up before too many tests use the
current Junit facility. The rampant catching and ignoring of
SQLExceptions is not good.

Dan.

begin:vcard
fn:David W Van Couvering
n:Van Couvering;David W
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Database Technology Group
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Staff Software Engineer
tel;work:510-550-6819
tel;cell:510-684-7281