Rick Hillegas wrote:
I would appreciate people's advice about how to track down a hang in the Junit tests. I have added a new test case to TableFunctionTest. When I execute the test standalone, it runs fine. When I execute the surrounding suite, everything succeeds also. However, when I run the full set of junit tests, the run hangs in a later suite. I tried increasing the memory given to the testrun, but this does not fix the problem. I would appreciate:

1) advice about how to instrument the test run so that I know which test case I'm hanging in

Hi Rick,

A simple hack is to print something in BaseTestCase.runBare, somewhere before line 101. There is already some tracing code in there (but it doesn't trace the start of a test at the moment), and if you want to contribute the code you could possibly do so by attaching your changes to DERBY-2667.

If you have the time and energy, you could also give your comments on the patch derby-2667-WriteExceptionsToFileAsTheyHappen.diff ;)

regards,
--
Kristian

[ snip ]