[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>>   2. Before creating the first release candidate, update both the third
>>      and the fourth digit of the version number by updating the maint
>>      property in tools/ant/properties/release.properties, and set the
>>      beta property in the same file to false. After this step, the
>>      version number shuld be 10.4.1.0.
>
> This is the same as the C' alternative proposed by Rick isn't it? Seems
> like Rick favors going directly to your step 2.

No, the C' alternative didn't set the beta flag to false. I think it is
OK to leave the beta flag for now, but it should be set to false before
you create the first release candidate. I don't have any strong opinions
on whether you should bump the version from 10.4.0.1 to 10.4.1.0 now or
later.

--
Knut Anders