I've got a few new ideas in mind that we may be able to pull some of the
code from vcl into... See the below excerpt from the 'New Layout Concept -
Update' that I just posted:

*> I'm working on that, too.  From what I can see of the old graphical
layout *
*> utility that we use, there is no way for us to create this in an easy
fashion.  *
*> What I think we can do, however, is to replace the old vcl library with *
*> something new.  I'm looking at using XUL instead, but the problem so far*
*> that I'm running into is that XUL really prefers the backend code to be*
*> mostly javascript.  So what I'm thinking we may wish to do is to replace*
*> vcl with something that has the same API but that uses custom xml, svg,*
*> and css to describe the forms that we need it to make however this is*
*> going to be a lot of work as I don't really see any other F/OSS libraries
to*
*> pull from...  Any other suggestions would be really helpful!*

Yours Truly,
Scott R. Pledger