To answer Andrew's second question, so far as I know everyone is continuing
with the name LibreOffice, and Sun more or less gave up OpenOffice.org
because no one was interested in developing for it at that point.

I would be glad to assist on usability trials for icons-- it's been a huge
gripe of mine when I tried to introduce people to LibreOffice, especially
considering how they can alter if users install the LibreOffice-gtk variant
from theme to theme.= (though I encourage following GTK on Linux builds
where possible)

--
Christopher Lee
Executive Director